Neuro Emotional Literacy
To sign up, click on the blue document below:
Do you want your children to be:
- better able to manage their emotions
- more capable of controlling their desires
- able to delay getting what they want
- more likely to have more successful relationships
- less likely to experiment with drugs
Learn how to do this and more by attending a series of 6 workshops taught by Dr. Kate Patten, whose studies in neuroscience and neuropsychology at SFU focus on helping parents guide their children to better emotional, mental, and physical well-being.
The Neuro Emotional Literacy Program, in partnership with Simon Fraser University and School District #75, offers a 6-week program at West Heights Elementary School, from October to November, which includes:
- free childcare from 2:30 to 5:00 p.m.
- healthy after school snacks
- dinner for enrolled families
For more information, contact Kate at email@example.com
NELP Schedule West Heights Elementary
Jan- Jun 2020
Mondays: Jan 13, 20, 27 Feb3, 10, (18), 24 Mar 2, 9
Tuesdays: Jan 14, 28 Wednesdays: Jan 15, 29 Thursdays: Jan 16, 30
Feb 11, 25 Feb 11, 25 Feb 13, 27
Mar 10, 31 Mar 11 Mar 12
Apr 14, 28 Apr 1, 15, 29 Apr 2, 16, 30
May 12, 26 May 13, 27 May 14, 28
Jun 9 Jun 10 Jun 11
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday groups meet after school.
Any parents who have previously completed the NELP 6-week program many contact Kate at firstname.lastname@example.org to join any of the support groups.