BECOME A HABITAT PARTNER FAMILY...
Here is how:
Eligible Partner Families must...
* believe in the mission, vision and values of Habitat for Humanity as an orgainzation
* be working and able to pay their monthly payments and afford all financial commitments that come with the homeownership (lease payments are calculated at 30% of Partner Families' total household income and includes employment income, disabiltity income, cild tax benefits, GST rebates and child support)
*be committed to completing 500 hours of sweat equity (volunteer time) prior to moving into their Habitat homes by building their home, their neighbours or by volunteering at Habitat events or ReStores
* be Canadian citzens or permanent residents (for a minimum of three years) and Greater Vancouver residents for at least three years and have a good credit rating and no overwhelming amount of debt.
* no have declared bankruptcy in the last two years and have an annual household income between $35,000 to 78,000
*have two or more children under the age of 12 that will benefit from a safe, decent and affordable home (and that currently live at home)
* be living in houseing that is unsuitable because of overcrowding, unsafe / unhealthy environment and unaffordability.