Strong Start Centre
The parent is the first and most important teacher in a child’s life. Increased involvement in their education contributes to success. Parents and Caregivers with children ages birth to five can attend this program at no cost. The program goals are to offer you a place to play with your child in a warm and supportive environment and to get ready for Kindergarten. The program begins September 18, 2023 . We welcome your participation.
Strong Start Is:
- A place where families are valued and recognized as their child’s very first and most important teacher.
- A place that models and supports family literacy
- A place to meet other children and their families
- A place which reflects the language and cultures of the communities
- A place where information on parenting concerns, child development, school facilities, and local community resources are readily available
- A place where learning is fun. Parents and caregivers play alongside their child, therefore encouraging early learning.
- A place where children can develop emotionally, socially, physically, cognitively.
Strong Start is designed for preschool aged children and their parent/caregiver; however children from birth to six years of age are very welcome. We encourage the whole family to join us.